Pointcloud develops technologies that enable machines to see the world in 3 dimensions. Started in 2017 in San Francisco, the company has developed the first integrated 3D imaging sensor based on a coherent focal plane array architecture. From the first results published in early 2021 in the journal Nature, the technology has seen rapid increase in interest from a wide range of partners and applications, covering automotive, robotics and augmented reality/consumer. In 2022, the company is moving into its next stage of development with the opening of its R&D offices in Zurich, Switzerland where sensors for different markets will be developed. If it sounds like an exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
As Senior RF/Mixed Signal System Engineer you will be working with our Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead, Photonics engineers and SW/Signal Processing Lead to define the next generation high throughput data processing architectures needed for 3D imaging, both at the chip level as well as at the module level, iterate on the initial implementations, mentor the more junior hires, collaborate with the SW, underlying integration technology and application/system leads.
- Design, implement, and simulate the system level functionality and performance of our high-speed data processing architecture, including hands on board design or coordination of contract board design
- Prototype FPGA based signal processing solutions and collaborate with the Circuit Design team to transition to ASIC based integration
- Develop the system level testing plans and work with product and test engineers to characterize the functionality and performance of the systems to ensure quality;
- Contribute together with our photonics engineers and chip circuit designers to the module level data processing architecture definition including recommending optimal choices regarding chip level integration of signal processing blocks, assist the Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead/Director on defining the architecture of our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC, as well as Tx and Rx electrical SoCs
- Contribute to creation of team’s design methodologies and release flows.
- Identify, hire and mentor junior engineers
- Experience with wideband board level hardware design, strong digital and analog signal processing knowledge
- Proficient with FPGA and DSP programming
- Proficient with complex RF lab testing techniques and equipment, necessary to validate designs, including spectrum analyzers, VNAs, waveform generators and so on
- Collaborative in a multi-disciplinary startup environment, ability to work both with local and remote team members
- Capable of coaching and mentoring new or junior engineers;
- Independent, analytical thinker, comfortable in a frontier technology environment,
- Top tier M.S. program in E.E. with 6+ years’ experience, preferably top tier Ph.D. in E.E. with 2+ years’ experience
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the development of a frontier technology with wide market impact from robotics and autonomous mobility to augmented reality
- Exciting and diverse work, a friendly and dynamic environment, opportunities for development
- Competitive salary and equity
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org