At Pointcloud, we develop technologies that enable machines to see the world in 3 dimensions. If it sounds like an exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
As a Senior Circuit Designer you will be working with our Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead/Director and Photonics engineers on the design of our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC. You will have the opportunity to participate and contribute in the definition of the next generation high throughput data processing architectures needed for 3D imaging, both at the chip level as well as at the module level, iterate on the initial implementations, mentor the more junior hires, collaborate with the SW, underlying integration technology and application/system leads.
- Design, implement, and simulate the functionality and performance of our mixed signal SoC chips containing analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), TIAs, and other various low power high resolution and speed analog circuits;
- Craft layout floor plans to optimize the overall performance; supervise the layout activities and give concise guidelines to layout engineers, need to be hands on in drawing layout if necessary;
- Develop the analog testing plans and work with product and test engineers to characterize the functionality and performance of the products to ensure quality;
- Contribute with our photonics and system engineers to the module level data processing architecture definition, including optimal on chip vs off chip split, assist the Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead/Director on defining the architecture of our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC
- Contribute to creation of team’s design methodologies and release flows.
- Identify, hire and mentor junior circuit designers
- Proficient with essential CAD tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, etc.
- Prior experience in high speed mixed signal circuit design, with emphasis on high sampling rate ADCs (multichannel >100MS/s per channel), imaging readouts, TIAs, multi GHz frequency synthesizers, DACs, modulator drivers
- Understanding of CMOS analog / mixed signal design methodologies and circuit analysis;
- Understanding of device physics and the impact of layout effects;
- Able to perform behavioral modeling of the blocks and circuits with Verilog-A or Verilog-AMS
- Familiarity with Silicon Photonics and silicon-based electronics/optics on chip integration is desirable.
- Collaboration in a multi-disciplinary startup environment, ability to work both with local and remote team members.
- Capable of coaching and mentoring new or junior circuit designers and layout engineers;
- Independent, analytical thinker, comfortable in a frontier technology environment,
- Top tier M.S. program in E.E. with 6+ years’ experience, preferably top tier Ph.D. in E.E. with 2+ years’ experience
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the development of a frontier technology with wide market impact from robotics and autonomous mobility to augmented reality
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health benefits
Send resume to us at mailto:email@example.com