Pointcloud develops technologies that enable machines to see the world in 3 dimensions. Started in 2017 in San Francisco, the company has developed the first integrated 3D imaging sensor based on a coherent focal plane array architecture. From the first results published in early 2021 in the journal Nature, the technology has seen rapid increase in interest from a wide range of partners and applications, covering automotive, robotics and augmented reality/consumer. In 2022, the company is moving into its next stage of development with the opening of its R&D offices in Zurich, Switzerland where sensors for different markets will be developed. If it sounds like an exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
As Circuit Design Lead/Director you will be leading one of the 4 key pillars of our multidisciplinary team. You will define the next generation high throughput data processing architectures needed for 3D imaging, set the performance bar for the circuit design team, help develop the culture of the team and the company. On a daily basis, you will have the opportunity to play a multi-faceted role covering both management aspects as well as hands on implementation: lead the architecture definition of our optical engine chip, iterate on the initial implementations, build a best in class high speed circuit design team from the ground up, mentor the more junior hires, collaborate with the SW, underlying integration technology and application/system leads.
- Architect in collaboration with our photonics engineers our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC, guide our module level data processing architecture including optimal on chip vs off chip split and architectural solutions for each
- Design, implement, and simulate the functionality and performance of our mixed signal SoC chips containing analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and other various low power high resolution and speed analog circuits;
- Craft layout floor plans to optimize the overall performance; supervise the layout activities and give concise guidelines to layout engineers, need to be hands on in drawing layout if necessary;
- Develop the analog testing plans and work with product and test engineers to characterize the functionality and performance of the products to ensure the quality;
- Create team’s design methodologies and release flows.
- Identify, hire and mentor junior circuit designers
- Proficient with essential CAD tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, Mentor Calibre etc...
- Prior experience in high speed mixed signal circuit design, with emphasis on high sampling rate ADCs (multichannel >1GS/s per channel), imaging readouts, TIAs, multi GHz frequency synthesizers, DACs, modulator drivers
- Understanding of CMOS analog / mixed signal design methodologies and circuit analysis;
- Understanding of device physics and the impact of layout effects;
- Able to perform the behavioral modeling the blocks and circuits with Verilog-A or Verilog-AMS
- Familiarity with Silicon Photonics and silicon-based electronics/optics on chip integration is desirable
- Collaborative in a multi-disciplinary startup environment, ability to work both with local and remote team members
- Capable of coaching and mentoring new or junior circuit designers and layout engineers;
- Independent, analytical thinker, comfortable in a frontier technology environment,
- Top tier M.S. program in E.E. with 12+ years’ experience, preferably top tier Ph.D. in E.E. with 10+ years’ experience
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the development of a foundational technology with wide market impact from robotics and autonomous mobility to augmented reality and consumer applications
- Exciting and diverse work, a friendly and dynamic environment, opportunities for development
- Competitive salary and equity
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org